Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Lil Kim

So Lil Kim got a year and one day. I hardly see the justice in that. Martha "M Diddy" Stewart served five months in jail and five months probation for insider trading--which I still do not understand to be a crime, but I digress. I harldy see how Lil Kim's trangression was more serious. I do not condone lying. Lying is bad. It usually comes to no good end. But let the punishment fit the crime. On another note, if she's telling the truth about her age, Lil Kim's prosecution adds fuel to my theory that being 30 sucks. My 30th year was as Queen Elizabeth quipped 'annus horribilis.' I know other women who report having equally crappy thirtieth years. So Ms. Jones, you're in good company. Keep your nose clean, I'll buy your album when you get out!

1 comment:

AnnaC said...

Here's yet another commentary on this situation:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050708/cm_usatoday/lilkimlatestvictimoflyingformen;_ylt=Aj0vjafCnT1BSyODhnpT6LSs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YWFzYnA2BHNlYwM3NDI-