Monday, August 08, 2005

Haven

Haven
I know I said the hardest thing about following the diet was going to be eating separate meals. I was so wrong. The hardest thing has been eating six frigging meals a day. I am stuffed with leaves at this point.
It is the end of day two. I did not eat dinner and my late night snack. Instead of dinner I had a fiber bar. I simply cannot eat another bite. This is my second day of drinking a gallon of water. That is going much better since I started adding lemon juice to it. I'm thinking of just switching to the lemonade cleanse sans maple syrup. I didn't gain any weight, I am after just stuffed with leaves and brown rice. But it's just sitting there, so I look fatter than when I started.
I won't be gross. But something is wrong with me for sure. There is no good reason why I should be able to hold this much food. After I decided to skip the last two meals, which the diet book absolutely says not to do I just observed how I felt. I literally feel full. I don't want to throw up, but I feel that full like if I had another meal it would just get stuck in my stomach or esophagus. After drinking two gallons of water, a whole bag of salad greens, a third of a pound of pea pods, and a whole cup of brown rice I should not be full of anything. And even though it was eight ozs total-- less than I could chow back at a fine steakhouse-- after four, two oz servings I literally felt stuffed with fish. So I was not looking forward to an additional four ounces of chicken. Perhaps this diet makes metabolic sense, but I cannot eat this much food.I am going to pop!
It was wrong, I know. But I took two little pink pills. If that doesn't help I don't think this diet is going to get past day three...

1 comment:

AnnaC said...

on diets...
so, as I have been thinking about my ever expanding thighs and my lack of exercise, I discovered this "truth?"...
I have the opposite problem to anorexics... you know, they think they look fat even when their bones are sticking out. Well, I look at myself in the morning and I think, you don't look fat. I get on the scale, notice the lbs going up instead of down, look in the mirror again and say, you don't look fat. Now, admittedly, I don't have a full length mirror, haven't owned one for over three years, so that may have something to do with it. The problem always arises when I look at actual photos... I see a fat person where I should be... how could that be when I look at myself every day and think, you're not fat?!?!