Monday, April 10, 2006

It's Day Three...

Wow--I can't believe it's Day Three of my Training Class. Tomorrow is the last one and right after I'm jumping in the car and driving back to Virginia so I know I won't be posting.
So I don't want to brag and it will probably be a little while before I feel confident, but I can't believe how much I've learned. My curiosity addiction is definitely getting a fix. Last night I was practicing my locking technique---Mmm,hm...I got 'techniques' now!--and I was completely in my own zone focusing on my hand movements, watching my progress...I love learning new stuff! I know I am going to have the butterflies when (if?) I work with another person (seems strange to even contemplate doing someone else's locks!) but I am looking forward to trying.
Being such a perfectionist, I know it will be somewhat scary because I'll feel responsible 1) for doing as flawless a job I can as a reflection of my own work and because it will be on display for them constantly 2) for passing along as positive experience as I've had.
So I am going to start by doing a mannequin--maybe two (yipes)--but then I guess I'm ready to start working with people. Know anybody who needs a Sisterlocks Consultant Trainee?

1 comment:

Avra Tucker said...

Hi,

Thanks for responding to my page. Yeah I am now starting to realize that the cost of sisterlocks are not as expensive as I thought. I would pay even more if I had a relaxer. I'll have some sisterlock pics on my page soon :)

Avra Tucker