Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sigh..

I don't even know if anyone evens reads my blog anymore, but I ccertainly haven't abandoned it. Today I figured I would just go ahead and post, maybe explain my lapses. If anyone is out there, I'd love some feedback.
I've been living in NYC about a month and a half. The new place is coming together. I wasn't up to having my Housewarming/Katrina Anniversary party. Too much more needs to happen before I feel comfortable having a party here. But I did have some friends over for dinner which was great fun.
Who knows what I thought was going to happen, but I am still looking for a traditional, full time job. Once I got here, I thought things would just fall into place. I'm still optimistic, but my attention has been divided. My mother decided she did not want Katrina's anniversary to find her in Virginia. Daddy came up last weekend and they packed up and set off for New Orleans. The only trouble is the house isn't finished. So there s nowhere for them and Gram to live. Gram is here in NYC with me. I can't figure out how I would look for a job and keep her so I've put my job search on hold again. I'm also waiting for my mother to find them a place so I can get Gram and Sam on a plane down there.
Today the whole thing was dragging me down a bit...I'd be thrilled to have Gram visit under any other circumstance, but I'm growing keenly more aware that I need to get focused and plugged in here and I haven't been doing that. Since I arrived I've been going back and forth to Virginia, and just generally fuzzy in my movements.
So I haven't much been in the frame to blog. I don't even know what to say. Who knew this would all still be dragging on?

2 comments:

brunsli said...

Renea,

I wish I could think of something upbeat and cleaver to say about how you're doing the right thing by taking care of your family first and that a job will fall into place. All I can offer is that I'm sure it will work out.

(I read your blog whenever it lights up on my bloglines because you've posted or updated.)

Anonymous said...

Try to cheer up, sister. Life sometimes sends us some tough blows and you've had some tough blows and have survived. Next, you'll move from survival to thriving. I don't believe I've ever been to your blog before, so this must have been God's destiny to send an encouraging word. May He bless you and your family. He will keep you in perfect peace if you keep your eyes on Him. God bless.