Monday, September 03, 2007

The first day of school...

Tomorrow is the first day of the fall semester at UrbanIvy. I have to say I don't miss it. But it has been exciting to see the energy build up. I suspect that since I left work last Friday night a whole lot of activity has taken place. There were a couple of first-year events last week. But they are all still moving around in a pack. All the other students will have descended by tomorrow.
I have no idea what to expect. I started at the end of the Spring semester, so I really haven't the slightest clue of the amount of traffic in the office or the kinds of things that will come my way on a daily basis. I'm kind of rolling with the punches.
I haven't made much of it, but over the summer I lost about eleven pounds. I hardly ever drive. I eat breakfast and lunch rather than dinner. I've diminished my portions. And because of the heat, my diet choices tend toward the healthy by default. I'm not eating rice, bread, pasta, or a lot of sugar. I don't recommend the two meals a day thing. It's just been too hot to turn on the stove when I get home after work. I am a big fan of frozen vegetables. I put a portion in the microwave and voila...dinner. Since I drove out to Long Island for a party, I figured I'd make a proper grocery run. There's a Stop & Shop in the Bronx. Sigh. One of the few things I enjoyed when I lived in Providence was making groceries at Stop & Shop. Anyway, I got some seafood for the freezer. I put away portions of salmon and tuna. Tonight I'm going to grill some scallops.
I thought I wanted to lose 20 lbs. But I'll be satisfied right here.
Unfortunately, all my clothes are now too big. I know...cry me a river. Me and my fake problems... Yesterday I went to Loehmann's--there's one right next to Stop & Shop--but it was just too overwhelming. I think I'm going to find an Express and get some pants. I'd like to go to Century 21...maybe this weekend.
After so many years of school, this feels like the beginning of the year. So bring it on...

No comments: