Thursday, February 23, 2006

Communicus Interruptus

So I haven't been able to post because my laptop up and died. I don't know what's wrong with it. It appears momentum is growing to just replace the damn thing. I'm thinking DVD burner, the whole enchilada. Here's the thing I had some pictures on there I want. Like a baby picture destroyed in the hurricane, pictures of my great-aunt Leola, of Sugar...And documents...my resume--which I guess I should be circulating--, a letter for my taxes specifying how much interst I paid on my student loans.
I don't know how much money I'm supposed to spend on trying to recover the data. Or if I should just toss in the towel. I'm not really upset about it. I'd prefer not to have to replace the computer...but hey, I'm replacing everything else.
So that's why I can't post. And when I need to be online most, searching for a good price on a replacement laptop, I can't get on. Ironic.
I schlep to the public library to check in and for the past week, I've forgotten to post while I'm here. Sigh...I have to replace my computer.

No comments: