Saturday, February 25, 2006

For a moment...

I am back on line. I paid a man named Gomer Pyle to retrieve the data from my laptop. But my mother tells me I would be an idiot not to let her buy me a computer. And, you know, she's right. So now, I am getting a new laptop, but this one works a bit.
Old Gomer couldn't tell me why or if the problem arose, but it was definitely a hardware problem and not a virus. So that's what I get for buying a refurb laptop from an ex. The Derrick actually offered to repair this one. But was today, after I paid Gomer Pyle for his trouble.
I watched the Gateway people sell laptops on the Home Shopping Network today. So now I'm wondering if I need this dual core processor thing they were talking about. I was disappointed that this computer couldn't handle my video projects...So I'm also thinking I need to make sure I have enough memory for that. And why not get a DVD/CD burner. The one on TV had a tuner so you could use your computer as a television. That sounds sweet...
I need a budget. How long do I think I'm going to have the computer? What is a reasonable amount to spend? So far I've kept computers for about 24-36 months...Should I revisit my Mac fetish? How long will I keep this one?
Hmmmm....
Now I have to do my hair..Bye.

No comments: