Wednesday, July 18, 2007

You can't still be mad...
















So Ro was a little miffed after our trip to the vet. She gave me the ice grill for a few hours, but then she seems like she forgave me.
Yesterday morning I was dreading the whole medicine thing. Right before I tried to surprise her with it, I decided to just offer it to her. She licked it right off my finger...she's great. But this morning she really wasn't excited about seconds. I only got her to take about half of it.
I still need to pull my hairstyles out the sixth grade, but I'm trying.
So I saw something I've never seen before...my camera flashed memory card full. Wow. i have a 1GB card, I didn't think that was even possible. I've been taking a lot of pictures, trying to get better. While I was poolside, I took over a hundred pictures of my friends' daughters splashing in the pool. You didn't think I only took pictures of myself, did you? They came out pretty good, but I got that whole aperture thing mixed up. I've been reading the manual and discovering all kinds of features my camera has that I just didn't know about. What I haven't been able to find out is how to set the timer delay. That way I could put the camera on a tripod and not get all these fish-eye photos, but like I said maybe that's just how I look.
Sigh...I hate to say it, but I think my MAC foundation is all wrong. Awhile back I switched back to NW45 and it just looks all wrong against my skin...kind of green. I don't know. Maybe I should try a custom blend. The undertones just always seem wrong. Any recommendations?

2 comments:

Helga said...

I hear you about the MAC conundrum. Once they began making products for darker skin, I became an avid consumer of their wares. I am also very disappointed with their foundation (though I use it on occasion as well as the concealer). There are many make-up artists who say that MAC is really 'studio makeup,' for best use under bright lights and the camera's flash, but each to his/her own.

I think that the best and most attractive coverage comes from Bare Minerals type products. Unfortunately, they do not make any product for darker skin tones (don't believe the 'dark' or 'deep' that they still use on some of their product). On me, it looks like I have chalk on my face. I have complained to the company many times, but no change. If you are able to find a tone that works for you, it really does give a very pretty look (without the heaviness of liquid or creme foundations).

Finally, the other option that I really, really, do stand behind is tinted moisturizer, I even used MAC's tinted moisturizer for a long time (it also comes in different tones so you can find the right one to avoid the 'green' or 'blue' effect). Tinted moisturizer is also a great option in the summer when you don't want so much makeup on your face, but still would like to even your complexion, and receive some sun protection.

Sorry for the long response, but I have to add that you seem to have very beautiful skin. Right now, I am just using a little powder from NARS in the evening. During the daytime, my sister taught me the trick of wearing sunglasses and lipstick or gloss. This way one still looks stylish without having to wear so much makeup in the summer. Just some ideas.

Cluizel said...

Ahhh...I want to hang out but I lost your email...grrrrr...poo. I can't find yours. Can you email me again? :-)

In my defense I just moved to Harlem and I just got my Internet today...so basically I have been walking around with no arms for a week. poo