Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Twiddling my thumbs...

OK...This morning I am sitting, almost literally twiddling my thumbs.
I am waiting for several things to happen, only two of which have any dignity associated with them at all.
One, but not first, I am waiting for the mail. I am hoping my new curlers arrive so I can play in my hair. But that is no big deal. That's not distracting me...
I am waiting for an email. One of the people I contacted in my networking offered me a small freelance job. I am waiting for her to email my instructions so I can do my thing and send it back. She said it should take less than an hour. But I want to get started as soon as she sends it so I can turn it around in less than an hour. That is somewhat distracting. I keep pressing refresh on my browser window so I'll see when it comes in....That is moderately distracting....
What is really distracting me is....Here's the back story. I decided...God help me...to join an online dating site. I feel cheesy even admitting it. But I did. so for the past three days I've been 'flirting' and 'chatting' with complete, online-no-less, strangers. and I feel like I'm in the 8th grade. Signing on, checking to see who's viewed my profile....Sigh...
But that's the deal. This morning I am twiddling my thumbs...distracted.

1 comment:

AnnaC said...

they look cute to me... I am almost (almost) ready to buy my own set of curlers. I have always wanted curls like that, and never had them, even in kindergarten. :)